Harley's Haven Dog Rescue
"Rescue today to change tomorrow"
So, you’re interested in getting involved?? Well, thank you! We can’t do what we do without our volunteers…we are completely volunteer run, so every person is a key piece of keeping our rescue going, and saving more lives! There are many ways to get involved, big or small, and we will touch on a few here!
1. Events - our events are how our pups get exposure, and are always a fun way to help out and attend fun local events too! At events, our volunteers help handle dogs, answer questions about available dogs or our rescue, questions about our adoption process, and to help with set up and tear down. We have events all the time, so you can pick and choose ones you can attend!
2. Fostering - our foster homes are how we can save ANY dogs! All of our dogs live in foster homes, so they are the heart and soul of our rescue! Our foster homes provide love, socialization, and basic training to help make our pups more adoptable. (Click here for more info on fostering!)
3. Dog Walking – this is a casual program at Pennridge Animal Hospital where volunteers can come and walk some of the dogs who are at the hospital for the day with their foster parents. We encourage our walkers to bring treats and to work on basic commands to help make our dogs more adoptable, and give them some extra one-on-one time.
4. Transportation - getting our pups to us is another way we need help! We pull dogs and puppies from shelters in West Virginia, South Carolina, and in Philadelphia, so there are many times that we need help with getting them to us!
5. Volunteer brigade - this is a 'random' category! We have occasionally needed help with big events (like our beef and beer), or special projects (like pictures of our pups), or with paperwork, and this category is a good one for volunteers with other special skills to really shine!
If you think you are interested in helping in any way, please contact us and we would LOVE to give you more information on any of the above categories, and more!